PTS/NRP Forms (Ilderton Jets)

PrintPTS/NRP Forms

Permission to Skate Forms - IMHA

(OMHA PTS for AAA and Junior Teams)

Please note that Permission to Skate Form requests are not permitted until OMHA have released the forms. The date changes every year. IMHA will notify parents when PTS forms are activated by OMHA and when form requests can start. 

The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) requires that every player trying out for a AAA team obtain a Permission to Skate (PTS) form from their home centre prior to stepping on the ice.  In order to receive a PTS form from the Ilderton Minor Hockey Association (IMHA) a player must be a resident of Ilderton.  Please note that a permission to skate form is not a player release nor is it an OHF AAA Waiver form.

The IMHA can only provide a PTS form for the Elgin-Middlesex Canucks.  We cannot provide a PTS form for any other AAA Zone. If a player is cut from Elgin-Middlesex Canucks, they can request an OHF AAA Waiver form from Elgin-Middlesex Canucks to allow them to tryout with an adjoining AAA zone. 

For Junior PTS, if a player played on a AAA team this past season, request Junior PTS from the AAA association. If a player played for their home centre (Ilderton), then a Junior PTS form must be filled out by their home centre (Ilderton). 

You must complete the online form request provided by IMHA in order to receive your paperwork.

Non-Residential Player Passport (NRP) Request - IMHA

For those IMHA registered players, U12 and above, that are interested in trying out for AA or A hockey, they can choose 1 level (either A or AA), and 1 centre to have a Non-Residential Player Passport (NRP) to attend these tryouts. Only 1 NRP form will be granted to each requesting player.

For players born in the 2012 year, teams are only permitted to accept 2 NRP players. This has changed from previous years but only affects those players born in 2012 at this point in time. Teams consisting of players born in 2011 and up, still have the option of accepting 3 NRPs.

If a player has a tryout with a AA or A team and they are not offered a spot, they return back to IMHA. They cannot try out for another AA or A team for the current season.

NRP request forms will become live each year once OMHA releases them. Requests are not to be made until IMHA has notified its parents that these forms are ready. Similar to the PTS process, parents complete the online form found on the IMHA website for NRP requests and will be contacted when they are ready. 


Who is eligible for an Non-Resident Player (NRP) Passport?
Any players registered in their home centre that are U12 aged (11 years old) or older as at December 31st of the current playing season are eligible to receive a NRP to a centre with a different base category. 

How does a player determine which centre he is eligible to tryout for?

The player is eligible to tryout in any centre of a different base category, that is accepting NRPs.

Can players from one “A” centre tryout in another “A” centre?
No, all players from an 'A' centre can only tryout for a  team rated higher than their own. 

Can a player obtain more than one passport?

No. A player may only receive a single passport.

If a player is selected for the team above his centre, does this mean he is permanently a member of the new centre?
No.  The NRP process is good for a single season only. 
All players interested in trying out for centres above their home category must go through the process every year.

Can a player attend a tryout for a AA or A centre outside of their own without obtaining a NRP?

No.  The only way players can tryout in another centre is by obtaining an NRP Passport from their home centre.