On behalf of the Ilderton Minor Hockey Executive, I would like to welcome everyone to the 2021-22 season.
Our families all seem very excited to get back to the ice and we can't wait to see the kids back out there doing what they love to do. All planning made to date includes a return to a 'normal' season format.
As we know, normal is taken lightly these days. We are all expected to continue to follow all guidelines set by Hockey Canada, the OHF, the OWHA, as well the Middlesex-London Health.The most significant update is that the Middlesex-London Health Unit has recommended and OMHA has mandated that all players 12+ and volunteers participating or involved with delivery of programming be fully vaccinated by October 31th 2021. Further details will eventually be shared in relation to how will meet this expectation.
Some important timelines and information:
September 7 - OWHA Preseason Development Skates Begin (U11-U18)
September 7 - OMHA Preseason Development Skates Begin (U7-U18)
Preseason Development Skates have been added to our organization calendar. All players (U7 - U18) will be split into cohorts and allocated ices times based on birth year or by player last name (if required). Please only attend the allocated ice times for your player. An email with specific instructions will be sent out in advance of your first ice time if your player is registered to participate in our Initiation and Development Program (IDP).
September 27 – OWHA/OMHA Tryouts Begin (U9 – U18)
Current IMHA Guidelines
New and old policies regarding the use of the Ilderton Arena this season.
- You may arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ice time.
- You must leave the facility within 15 minutes after your ice time.
- It is recommended that players arrive dressed in as much hockey equipment as possible.
- Only 8 – 12 players will be permitted in the dressing room at one time (this does not include coaches or parents assisting the player (tying skates))
- If a dressing room has the maximum number of players permitted, additional players will need to wait for a space to open, or put on skates and helmet in additional chairs that will be physically distanced in the lobby of the arena.
- Please do not rely on coaches to tie players skates – a parent should do this and then leave the room
- Showers are not available for use
Spectator capacity limits have been set at 50% or approximately 100 people for Ilderton.
Everyone in the facility must wear a mask, unless on the ice
- physical distancing is expected of everyone not from the same household. All spectators are to be in the cold part in the stands and NOT standing along the boards.
Every person entering the facility must complete a health screening questionnaire and be recorded on tracking sheet. If you answer "yes" to any of the questions then you are not permitted within the arena. Similar to last year, IMHA will eventually be adopting use of SportsHeadz App for health screening and tracking. More details will be provided soon!
Thank you for your patience and continued support while we navigate through these ever-changing times. If you have any questions, concerns or otherwise, please reach out to your team representatives or a member of our IMHA Executive.
All the best this season!